Anyone got advice on concrete sealing and hiding cracks?

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by WHIPPLE5.7, Jul 6, 2008.

1. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

Almost all residential homes here have concrete driveways that could use some attention. I normally do lawn maintance, but here lately I've been adding in driveway pressure washing and oil stain removal with my home blend of absorbant. I'd like to offer things like patching crack lines and doing the nice shiny sealing. I think there is a market for it but I don't know anything about it. Can someone help?
  2. EWS

EWS LawnSite Member

check they have prodscts for crackfill and sealing concrete. good luck
  3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

4. stan1971

stan1971 LawnSite Member

regarding concrete driveways. You will need to crack chase all cracks out with a V-grinding diamond cutting tool with 4 1/2 inch angle grinder then acid etch and pressure wash drive way thoroughly make sure you neutralize with baking soda or you will kill the grass and plants surrounding the area. Then you will need to use a 2 part epoxy crack repair system which you inject into the cracks use silica sand to fill in when the material rises to the top once it starts to cure hard trowel it smooth into the crack and flush with the existing concrete. Then you can color seal the driveway with a solvent based sealer make sure you broadcast silica sand over the first coat for traction control as these sealers can become slick when wet. I have been doing concrete mainetenance repairs, decorative concrete along with my asphalt paving business for 15 years, and yes there is a market for this type of work and you can sale the Pinto or the BMW its your choice and there alot of products that are out there which I cannot mention on this site but look up decorative concrete and that will open your eyes to lots of opportunities. We never thought we would be adding landscaping to our company this past year but it all makes sense to service your client. I hope this helps out.