1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone had this problem?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn guy1350, Feb 27, 2007.

1. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

Has anyone had a problem with your trimmer spools coming out of the heads when on your trimmer racks? happened to me twice last year...and i had a trimmer stolen....wasnt the best year...ha!
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Don't usally happen until the plastic holding pegs wear then they will come out.
  3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

well i just had to buy a new head so i dont think thats the problem...but thanks!
  4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Are you both in one biz??
  5. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

sorry i changed my screen name to my biz name...should of clearified that..sorry! i used to be lawn guy.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've never heard of that happening. the only I can think of is that the head wasnt all the way in there right. It may not have been locked in. As far as the theft, I HAVE heard of this happening commonly...All these guys with these locking trimmer racks need t realize that a guy with a phillips screwdriver can have a trimmer out of the rack in about 30 seconds. Sometimes, it also takes a small wrench or socket, but many times, not.
  7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

I know! its crap! im working on my enclosed trailer so i can keep everything a little safer. (i know they can still break into the enclosed). Im now keeping my trailer hidden in the back of the drive way. so im hoping no more thefts! To the spool loosing...I dont know what the deal is and the dealer doesnt know why it keeps happening...Im concidering reversing my trimmer racks to the inside of the trailer.
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I can have a trimmer out of a Trimmer Trap rack in under 10 seconds and make no noise doing it even if the rack has a lock on it. They just keep honest people honest.
  9. Stinchcomb Lawn

Stinchcomb Lawn LawnSite Member

I'm a Police Chief in a small town I know there are alot of people out there who will take your equipment any time of the day or night. I think we all should just do our lawns with AR-15's strapped to our chest. Let it be part of your normal equipment, wear it every where you go see how many thefts you have after all of the scum bags see that. If you think that thier looking at your tools to take, fire a warning shot, believe me it will work. !!!
  10. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

I have lost 2 over the years ( 15 years ) , I think its what some one else said about the spool not being locked in place.After happening the first time it didnt happen again for several years and was still using the same trimmer so i think it was me neglecting to make sure it was locked or snapped in place