Anyone had to replace the straps on their Shindaiwa EB630?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

My oldest one's straps are just about to fall apart. Any clue what they cost? Any lower cost aftermarket options?

2. patsfan

patsfan LawnSite Member

must be a fla thing i have the same problem.

3. Keith

Yeah, the sun is rough on them.

4. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

I just noticed the other day that one of my straps doesn't feel like it has any padding in it. The other feels just fine:confused: When I first bought it, the padding in the straps were real comfy. I didn't really notice the padding on one side going flat over the last few months. Just seems like it disappeared.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Mine is only a year old, so no problems yet, but I wanted to pass on something I learned in my long distance backpacking days.

Take the straps off and wash them gently periodically with a mild soap like Woolite or just give them a thorough rinse. The salt from your sweat will degrade them, especially the stitching. The same thing happens with running shoes. If you can see white (salt stains) on them, they need to be cleaned.

The only problem I've had with my 630 straps is that they tend to unclip. I'll grab it to be it only and find that one has come undone. Kind of annoying but no biggie.

6. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

25.00 bucks for a new set/

Shindaiwa makes terrible straps, ive gone through a few myself

I would make your own if you can. They aint worth that much money anyhow.

7. Keith

25 bucks for the pair of OEM Shindaiwa straps? That figures! Damn mower shop couldn't find a price the other day, but came to the conclusion that they would be like every other manufaturer and be about $50 a pair :rolleyes: I'll pay $25, at least that's not completely insane.

8. Keith

You were right on! I finally got a shop to order me a set and they came to $12.55 each.