anyone have a 36" Honda wb?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IBGreen, Oct 19, 2002.

1. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a huge Honda fan I have a 21" wb that I love. (as much as you can love a 21" wb) But I just figured out that they made a 36" and a 48" commercial wb! I was asking about them when I first started cutting last year and everyone said they just quit making them. I am going to buy a 36". I also can't wait until the new (more commercial) grade Honda 4- stroke trimmer comes out. So let me know if any of you have them like em or hate em. The only thing I don't like from the pics are the controls, they are the ones like the Toros have.

Brandon Shaw
    Evergreen Landscaping Concepts

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

IBGreen - do a search. You'll find that they are not that great. If ou want a Honda motor, I think Hustler has one on their mower.

3. IBGreen

They aren't that good? Damn I knew it!

4. What's a four letter word that starts with a "J" and ends with a "K"?

If you de decide to buy a Honda Hydro, better find a welding friend reeeeeal fast.

5. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

The 36" Gear drive is junk, it has no braking at all. As for the hydros they are awsome. I used the 48" hydro with a 13 hp for a whole seaon with no problems. The 13 Hp was actually fine for the mower, a little underpowered but, sufficient.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

IBGREEN wrote:

everyone said they just quit making them.

I am going to buy a 36".

Why would you buy a mower that you know is no longer in production? I would think that spare parts could be a problem. Just finding a dealer who stocks parts could be a nightmare.

7. IBGreen

They do make them, thats what the whole post was about.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, you should have said that then. Everything in your original post was past tense instead of present tense which lead me to believe that they are no longer made.

9. IBGreen

Sorry" made" and "make" are almost spelled the same.

10. NO!!

Honda left the commercial WB market the bigining of last spring.

There are still mowers available because they are in wharehouses.

They are not made anymore.