Anyone have a blade height schematic?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dunn's, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking for the page where it shows what setting to put the spacer and deck height on a 52" Ferris Hydrocut DD It is a fixed deck older model with the kawasaki 14hp fc420v. Any help greatly appreciated. Ferris no longer has them on the website to view.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

All 6 1/4" spacers between the blade and the deck (underneath) and all 3 1/2" spacers for max height will put you at 3.5 inches cut. There are only different 2 mounting postions for the deck to the frame and they don't make a helluva lot of difference either setting.

After that, go from there for cut height. I have 5 fixed decks and simply change the 1/2" up front spacers on the castor wheels to make deck height adjustments...takes seconds is all.

Hope that helps ya Dunnie.

3. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Rod it does a little. So if I want to go up to like 3.75 inches I want to take off one of the Blade spacers on bottom.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

yes, put them right under blade bolt nut so you keep track of them. and now that I think of it, that oringinal confirguration will put your blades at 3" not 3.5", sorry.