Anyone have a "Carry-On" enclosed trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Johnson LCO, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Johnson LCO

Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member

My local trailer dealer offers two different brands of trailers. With the same specs (7x16, black, ramp door), the Carry on costs $4300 and the Wells Cargo is $4900. Is the Wells cargo worth the extra money? I really am getting tight on money although I do have the cash to buy either. I am leaning towards the cheaper one but have not seen it in person yet. Any advice is appreciated.

2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

The "Carry On" brand is the line that Lowe's carries ... my first trailer was a Carry On and I didn't really like it !!

3. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Carry On is also sold by TSC and Northern Tool.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Carry On may be a good trailer....but for 600 more I would go with a proven manufacturer

wayne

5. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I have a TSC 6x12 Carry-On and like it for what little I do with it. It's basically a mobile tool shed for me. I move it 4 times a year at best. With that being said. If I used it daily I would trade it for the Wells or a Pace. They are much heavier built. The Wells is easily worth the extra money.

6. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I have Pace and Horton Hauler, the Horton is built like a beast, that is my favorite enclosed trailer. Carry On is good too for a simple light use trailer. Try to see if you get it from home depot or lowes you can use your card and get no interest no payment specials, and use coupons from mailers...just a thought

7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I have a carry-on open trailer and it sucks........

8. Johnson LCO

Thanx for the opinions. I found out that the Haulmark factory is close and a new one is 4300 with some extras. I will be ordering one soon.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have a carry-on trailer and its not to bad. If your serious to compare them between Haulmark and any others, go see the guys down at Franklin trailers in Berlin NJ. They have a huge inventory and the customer service is really good!

10. Johnson LCO

Thanks J&R. Do they sell haulmark also? I am picking it up from the manufacturer factory so any dealer can sell it to me without touching it. Maybe they will give me a better deal if I decide on a haulmark.