Anyone have a dump trailer for sale?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by beano, Mar 15, 2009.

1. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

Okay guys, I need a bigger trailer for mulch and was going to get a high side landscape trailer to cut back on the weight but i just bought a chevy 2500hd yesterday so now im thinking i should go for the dump trailer route if i can find a good one in my price range. Looking for something that is semi new maybe a couple years old and i can fit at least 8 yds of mulch in it. Looking to not spend more than $4000. Dont even know if this is realistic as ive never shopped for dump trailers but let me know what you got.
    Thanks Brain

2. wellbuilt

wellbuilt LawnSite Senior Member

I think that 4000 is a real good # to want to spend . I have three trailers 2 12' 1 10 ' you need to get a trailer with a high deck so you can load into the wheel barrels . a 10' trailer will hold over 8 yards .
    Ive been paying around 2000 dollars for mine .
    but asking price is always 3500 or so .
    You have to keep your eyes open .

3. beano

Thanks for the info wellbuilt, like i said, ive never really shopped for dump trailers so im not sure what to expect. Anyone got anything for sale?

4. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I used to say that there is no such thing as a used dump trailer. The reason being, if you are not standing next to it when it gets the for sale sign you will miss it. Most of them never see a for sale sign. Also most people keep them for ever and they keep their value for ever. You will pay almost as much as a new one so get a new one and get what you want. Nothing less than a 12 footer. Low profile will work just fine for mulch and they are easier to load with brush and stuff. Plan on spending $5000 plus you need a tarp and lumber for higher sides and spare wheel and tire ($500).

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

mkwl just bought a dump trailer for around 4k brand new. Check his out.

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Yeah I can get them new for 3500-4 all day long.

7. beano

South Florida Lawns, do you have a dealer around you that sells them for that price, do they have a website?

8. bdeboer

bdeboer LawnSite Member

9. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been thinking about selling my 14 foot dump and using the cash as a down payment on a dump truck. Too bad you are so far away.
    Like the guy posted earlier used dumps sell quick. I was looking for a used one for a while, then got tired of looking so just got a new one.

10. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Beano, here's a pic of my 12' 10k dump trailer. It has ramps, toolbox, LED's, heavy gauge steel deck, four wheel brakes, and three way door. The trailers you see for around $3000-$4000 new, are pure junk! I paid $5000 for mine last year and I think its worth every penny. Its made by Big-Tex and I got it from Ben-Hur trailers down here.

Dump trailer.JPG