1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a educated guess on the weight of this trackloader?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mow king, Jun 19, 2008.

1. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

Trying to decide the best way to move it/most cost effective.

It's a fiat FL9
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

12 ton at best, it's a tad bigger than our D-4 and it's 9 ton.
  3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

You can move that machine on a tag trailer behind a gravel truck or you can move it on a step deck single drop trailer. I would say it will weigh a little closer to 14 ton. It is hard to tell with that small picture.

Not many old Fat Allis machines around anymore.
  4. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

looks slightly bigger than my JD 450 track loader which weighed about 16k. It was a 60's model. Not sure if the older ones are heavier..they look heavier.
  5. CAT MAN

CAT MAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

12-14 ton my guess
  6. iron peddler

iron peddler LawnSite Member
    from midwest

i googled searched and found a manual on ebay, could not zoom the pic but from what i could read it was 24k and some change.
  7. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

i cant really tell from the picture as to the size but it is smaller then our 955L and that weighs 18tons....for that machine i would say a "safe" bet would be around 15 tons...those old loaders didn't go skimpy on the steel and iron in them so they can tip the scales a lot more then they look

you would be OK to put it on a 20ton tag...we put our Liebherr 621B on a tag...which weighs a little more then a 953C and our 10wheeler Pete pulls it fine, the thing with this is all the weight is in the front as opposed to the newer loaders where most of the weight is in the rear
  8. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Take this question over to the unofficial allis chalmers web page, and ask it there, odds are someone will have the answer quickly!:cool2::cool2:
  9. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Best thing to do is plan on it being heavier than what you think so I would say anywhere from 15 tons or more. It probably is less than 15 ton but better safe than sorry. One overweight ticket will make you wish you could go back and spend more with a hauling company.
  10. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

From what i can tell by the pics of the ones on machinery trader it looks pretty much the same size as our Cat 941 which is around 11 ton i belive cuz we are still leagal with it behind our single axle. So i would just figure 12 ton.

How far do you have to move it?