1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a good collection notice letter?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Aug 1, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have a good simple collection notice letter I could send out? I have 2 customers that owe me back money for over a month now and neither has called me back on my messages to let me know what's going on and don't answer when I call. I'm hoping with a simple letter I could collect. I hate getting ripped so if at all possible I think it's only fair on my part that I do all I can ( within reason ) to get my pay for work done. It's not that much, but it's just the principle of it!
  2. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

This drought has really got me anxious about these 2. It's not too much but does anyone have a letter they could copy or attatch? Just trying to save time and u guys probably have something more tried and true than I would come up with myself.
  3. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

1) Sorry We Could Not Talk To You On The Phone Today But You Are Past Due $______________ As Of This Date _____ Please Send Us A Check For The Full Amount or Call Me At: 123-456-5678

Thank You,

i call this the sorry letter!
    i also have a demand & statement letter's.
  4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

5. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never mailed anything, I go knock-knock on the door. Never stepped off the front porch yet, without payment in full. Only had to do it twice, but each time was a pleasant conversation, usually the customer just 'forgot to send it', or 'wont get paid until next week, but if I write you a check....'. Sure, I'll hold a check, for as long as it will take me to get to the bank.
  6. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

i know what your going through. i have one customer that i can never reach and to the moment owes me 225.00. @25 a cut. I just mailed them an invoice, and if they don't pay within a week or two i'm sending a final notice saying that i am going to stop cutting the grass until i receive payment. its frustrating...
  7. FoxLawnCare

FoxLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from Texas

i have one whats your email
  8. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on it. I ran across a great one a while ago. I made a note when I need it I will go back to it.

Good luck
  9. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

If they dont pay tell them youll return them theyre grass!!!!
  10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator