Anyone have a gooseneck dump ?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by neversatisfiedj, Jun 12, 2014.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Pg 6 figure 1.1

Go figure!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't that fraud? :confused:
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

No, but don't get caught with it weighting more than its labeled for. I think it funny guys put more effort into not getting a class A than it takes to get one. Get a class A, its just part of it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Overweight is cheaper than a class a driver. Most that have one are prima donas that don't want to get out of the trucks
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I've seen that before. 300lbs and can't get out the truck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. whiffyspark

I worked for a company that did just that. He had 9999 plates on all the trailers because of the 550/650s

That's great if you have a small skid. We had a300,t300/320s, etc. Nothing was legal on those trailers.

We got pulled over with the 550 with the mowers on a tandem trailer. He had it rated at 7000 and we had 3 mowers on it. They didn't even check weight they let us go lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. whiffyspark

I guess we had too many cold hard facts for the devious one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

No ford will do the same for you with a F750. You can order it from the dealer and have gvw dropped. It is still the same exact truck, just a different sticker. We did this with our bucket truck. Being under CDL allows any of our guys to drive it, its still with the capacity to have a full chip bed and tow a chipper. We just cant use have the box full of chips and try to tow our trailer with both a skid steer and mini-ex on it. It is within the trucks original capabilities, but not the ammended sticker.

9. xandrew245x

xandrew245x LawnSite Member

I don't know how different things are between PA and MD whiffy, but my parents own a business where we drive both class B and class A combination vehicles. I pull a triaxle backhoe trailer with an f-350, we spoke directly to a DOT officer, and since the trailer is RATED for over 10k, it actually requires a class A cdl to pull it with the f-350. Once again, this came directly from a DOT officer, I know in the handbook it does say otherwise, but we spoke to multiple officers to find out. Just my two cents.

10. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure what you're getting at. If you're saying that your combination weight (rated not actual we all agree on that) is under 26,001 with a trailer over 10 then the officer is wrong, it happens. People always preach what a cop told like its gospel. Theyre humans theyre wrong from time to time and there's so many regulations out there that it's impossible for them to truly memorize details of every one. He can write that ticket all day but 1 call to the DA and the ticket is gone without ever having to go to court.

Since we're being specific with numbers and all whiffys first post left 2 pounds gross on the table. 26,000 truck and 10,000 trailer you dont need one.
    Posted via Mobile Device