Anyone have a gooseneck dump ?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by neversatisfiedj, Jun 12, 2014.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Call him and let us know. Better yet, facetime

2. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

I already know whiffy is right but I emailed the Maryland DOT tonight and asked. I will post my original message to them with any reply when I get one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

If I wasn't deaf I would.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. PLLandscape

PLLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen quite a few companies that have their landscape employees get their Class A's vs employing Class A "drivers". They make the investment in them and then there is no prima dona drivers and the landscape employees can drive the proper trucks and combo units.

5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Why would I bust my ass landscaping when I could sit in my roomy ac'd cab everyday.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. PLLandscape

PLLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just saying that a few guys on here such as ETWman and ProTurf have explained this about just getting all their main guys CDL'd so they can drive 33k GVWR trucks and they are the hardscape/landscape installers also. Or the guy driving the hydroseed truck and the mulch blower truck who each do those jobs. I'm just saying I've seen this and they explained they do this to avoid the prima dona drivers.

7. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

If it was as simple as getting a class A it'd be no big deal. It's all the other baggage that comes with it.

Whiffy, did you call Devious? LOL
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Double.....

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly. That's what I have always said.

People on here brag about how great they pay their employees to hump wheel barrs in 100 degree weather all day for $13 per hour. When you can drive a tractor trailer and make $70k per yr.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I don't like the law. Infact i hate it.

Only bringing it up so when Josh gets his Gooseneck trailer he isn't surprised when the DOT takes him out of service
    Posted via Mobile Device