Anyone have a Leaf Cart?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yacht, Feb 14, 2003.

1. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

Since I started doing leaf cleanups I've noticed that alot of time is spent running back and forth emptying my leaf bin when it gets full. I wondered if anyone has a leaf cart that an employee can run back and forth using a 4 wheeler or equivalent from the dumpsite to where ever the person vacuuming/sucking leaves is located. That would eliminate the downtime from running the mower back and forth. While the guy in the 4 wheeler is doing the running you're back to vacuuming leaves. Anybody know of a product out there that would properly handle this situation? Obviously the cart would have to be low enough to allow dumping from the leaf bin and also capable of dumping at the dumpsite. Thanks.
  2. P. Nelson

P. Nelson LawnSite Member

I've often thought about the same thing. If you could buy a little trailer like those "Load hog" things that homeowners use for hauling small things behind their lawn tractor that has a lever you pull to dump. The load hog is too narrow and maybe a little too high. If you could build one a little bit lower and wider I think that would be about right for running back and forth from dump to mower. Maybe put on a shorter tire and somehow widen the sides on the load hog?????