1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a Little Wonder 8HP Blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape89, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

My friend is going to buy one for the Fall to help me w/ my Clean Ups. I am going to be doing about 10 Clean ups with lots of Deciduous Trees ( Maple, Oaks). Do you think this would be enough Power if we had the 8HP and Redmax BP's.. or should we go higher in HP??
  2. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

we have a 8hp only use it for a couple of yards. great for fenced in back yards, seems to have enough power.
  3. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

8hp Little wonder has plenty of power. I have also had mine for 2 yrs, and its been great.
  4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I have an 8 hp on my LW and it has worked out well. I would never get anything less than 8. I would like to try out the 10 hp model sometime.
  5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

How much did you guys pay for you 8hp Little Wonder. I'm looking at getting something like that for this fall, but I haven't checked around yet to get any prices. I just want to get an idea to see if it's really something I should look into, thanks...
  6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know about the 8hp we didn't think it was much better than a Echo PB650. We went with the 13HP BillyGoat and it definitely has the power. We mainly use it to clean big parking lots, but it would be fine on leaves. I like the chute that you can control with a hand lever. It was around $1K.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have two 8 hp LW's...think I paid around 700 each for them.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have one, and it works very well. I paid about 800 for it and that was around 6 to 8 years ago, I believe.
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have an old B&S powered LW and it does fine. I bought mine used for $250. If I were buying a new one I would buy the best/highest HP I could afford.
  10. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Lets see here, I paid a whole lot of nothing! For my 1yr old unit. Customer gave it to me.