Anyone have a office?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lamonicaslawnservice, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Does it help make estimates, billing, etc. Does it help to concintrate and get things orginized? :confused:

2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

are you asking if paperwork helps with this biz??

if so, then yea.

3. I'm sorry I worded that wrong but I was just wondering if having a office helps you get orginized. Like being at a desk helps you plan your days and stuff. I was thinking about using one room as a office but really wasnt sure if it would help

4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Yeah- the passenger seat of my truck most days. I have an office at home, and yes it helps immensely to have everything you need in one place. I had one in the shop, but I'd rather do most of my work after dinner and my daughter goes to bed.

5. Carolina Cuts

Well, I set a bedroom up as an office.... but I'm not a good 'paperwork' person. So it did me no justice. I'm looking into getting a maid/billing girl 2 days a week. Cause the house is a mess and so are my books. Hopefully one that doesn't speak the greatest english, but is really cute to look at.

6. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Who gonna be billing who there. Sounds like a great idea, just get references and a doctors note.

7. haha. thanks for the help guys. I might try it out and give it a shot. I kind of think with the way I am that if im sitting at a desk I might not get distracted

8. Carolina Cuts

well, it's true, I hate hate hate billing. And cleaning the house. I'ma single guy, with a dog living like a typical bachelor, BUT... the last thing I have time for, especially this time of year is keeping the house in order... hell, I eat out 5 nights a week, the other two, I visit my mother. It was actually her idea to bring someone in once or twice a week to get more organized.

9. Carolina Cuts

Yes, at the very least, you have to have SOME kind of organization. I have Lawn Pro software... it's ok. Gettin' a little confusing, but it works. The internet kills me, even right now, I should be entering in todays cuts and preparing tomorrows commercial billing, but instead I'm giving advice to my local competition... go figure.

10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Can't imagine NOT having an office. Keeps my paperwork organized, my routes, my media supplies, my bulliten board, my marker board, etc,etc.

Don't think I could function with less.

Same as others, converted a bedroom in the house.