anyone have a phazer? What do you think of it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KingMoneyNYC, May 31, 2008.

1. KingMoneyNYC

KingMoneyNYC LawnSite Member

Also, what is more efficient a walk behind or a phazer? 3000 sq ft lots are around my average should I not even be considering this type of mower?

2. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

As I own a 44" Phazer, I understand the appeal of these micro machines. The Phazer, equipped with the TriVantage deck leaves an impeccable cut in any condition, though it's a clumper in "the wets". The ZT-2800 transaxles are whiny when turning, but very responsive. All-in-all, after 200+ hrs of use, it seems a solid, fully commercial mini machine.

As the only deck option remaining on the Phazer is the 34", for my money, I'd opt for a more versatile 36" WB with a sulky/velke attachment.

3. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i like the phazer but i would get a wright stander 36" (stand all the time) or Sentar Sport 36" (Stand or sit) they are a little more agile but they might be a few hundred more

I demoed a stander and loved the agility of it!!! didn't like standing all the time though. i liked the stander soo much i got the Sentar Sport 36" deck with side bagger so i could site some/ most of the time. $6800 0% for 3yrs

4. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I appreciate Wright's products, and perennially find myself considering the Sentar/S. Sport 52" unit, but I could never justify spending $6800 on a 36" machine!

5. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

well that's w/ 4 (sets) of blades, bagger, extra belts. i got a deal....

6. Village Idiot

Village Idiot LawnSite Member

anyone have a phazer? What do you think of it?

I saw some at a Star Trek convention a couple of years ago. I personally prefer light sabers. Far more civilized weaponry.

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I have a 34" Phazer and I really like it's compact size. I bought it mainly because I have more than a few property's with gates and it was time to step up from my Metro WB. I'll second Jameson's comment on the cut, the TriVantage deck is basically a "mow all" deck. It'll basically cut any type of grass or weeds. I'm not sure if you'll be bagging at all, but if you are take a look at Accelerator Catchers. I have a GCEX 4.15cuft catcher for my Phazer and it does a great job.

8. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Yep. Within the price of any mower I've ever purchased is all the requisite accoutrement to make money.

And I am not knocking your soon-to-be machine in any way, as it will be a very productive unit. I am only questioning the ROI, when juxtaposing the 36" Wright to a comparable WB w/velke (or even a 34" micro-Z) as there can be a price difference of thousands of dollars to make up.

As I recall, my 44" Phazer w/Accelerator bagger, mulch kit (baffles and blades), and set of Gator's ran me $5910.00.

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

That's a hell of a deal right there. My Phazer after tax came to $5,086.94 I then bought the Accelerator and a dust kit separate.