Anyone Have a Rain Master Case to Sell?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mx315, Sep 7, 2011.

1. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

My irrigation guy left the case for the RM in a doctors office and it disappeared. Looking to buy just the case if anyone has one laying around.
    thanks

2. My suggestion is to turn lemon into lemonade. I've had several customers abandon the rm case and get a little bit larger electricians case. Cut molding to allow the rm to be put back in without disconnecting it. Has room for multimeter and extra ***tails. Wire strippers wire nuts etc.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a TRC Commander from another Lawnsite member, which did not have a case. I use a metal ammo can for it, and cut some foam pieces for the inside to protect it. Works really well.

AmmoCan30Cal.jpg

4. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you serious? Wouldn't a customer question the irrigation dude walking up to the house with an ammo can?

5. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out the cases that Pelican makes. They have the foam inserts that you can pull out to fit to any shape or size of whatever you want to put in the case. I have a couple for my camera gear and they are great cases! They come in all shapes and sizes and are pretty reasonable priced. I'd also venture to say that they are much better than the OEM Rain Master case in terms of protection.

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1170-...ETHS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315406217&sr=8-2

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Dare I ask what the tech was doing in the Doctor's office with JUST the case? :dizzy:

7. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks fellas. I used to have a Pelican case for me camera... forgot about those. He took the remote into the building with the case and disconnected the gear late in the day and forgot the case. I went back two days later and it wasn't anywhere to be found.

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

at least he remembered to not lose the remote

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Not unless he had an ak-47 in the other hand.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have any problem with it. One, the wives probably don't know what it is unless they are in the military, and two, this is a big military town. Military guys are probably excited to see it. These empty cans are found at yard sales and surplus stores all the time.