Anyone have a sample "Clean up after your dog" letter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ric3077, May 15, 2006.

1. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a few accounts that ALWAYS have 15-20 piles of dog crap in their yard...I need a letter to tell these people that they need to pick it up or I will for $5/pile...also need to include that they need to bury their cable wires....seems like EVERYONE around here got new wiring and it must be the cool thing to leave it drapped all over the lawn and not bury it.......thanks!!!!
  2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a big problem when customers don't take care of dog waste. It shows lack of respect to me and I can do without these customers.

My letter for customers that have dog waste all over the lawn is a final bill and thank you for being a customer.

3. Ric3077

I hear ya...but for some reason 75% of my customers have dogs and only 10% of them clean it up...I have way too many to just drop em all...I would like to create a letter of some sort to politly ask them to do it or pay me to...either way I am sick of it...
  4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Just off the top of my head...

Dear customer,

In recent weeks, we have needed to take additional time to clean up all animal waste prior to our mowing. In order to help us keep your lawn looking its best and done at a reasonable cost, we ask that all animal waste be picked up prior to our arrival. Should we need to remove any excessive amounts, additional charges will be added to your bill. Thanks you in advance for your cooperation.

5. Cahsking

Cahsking LawnSite Member

Put it on your contract as an additional fee, for equipment clean up.
  6. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Mow around them. They will get the point quickly.
  7. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

then they want you to come back & trim the areas that you miss. Trust me, the first place that stuff goes w/ a trimmer is right @ your head.
  8. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

I mowed around some for 2 weeks straight with a customer of mine who has been a habitual offender for some time now. I finally had enough late last month. She called me last week saying she was sorry she hasnt been good about picking it up and we made a deal that if there was dog waste in the yard I would be charging more to clean up my mowers.

The yard has been clean every week since then.
  9. Ric3077

Right on that is what I was looking for...I am going to go with something basic and to the point but nailed it thanks man!
  10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

What I've found with the wires is, the technician that does the work is NOT the same guy that buries them...that guy usually shows up 6 months later :laugh: I just ask the customer to keep harassing the utility company responsible until the bury the dang thing.