1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a sign on the rear of their open trailer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowingMowingMowing, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

I made the sign about 3' high and the width of my trailer so I could see over it and the resistance wouldnt be much more than the equipment and the tray up front. I drilled holes every inch on a piece of angle iron and then cut out six pieces and welded them to the ramp for brackets. I made the backing myself for ridgidity so the total price was $300. I could get the same thing on aluminum for less than $200. I put the ramp up when working so it is a billboard when people drive by. I kept it simple, cause everyone assumes I do lawn stuff and I don't feel a need for an infinite list. I made it EYE catching and the Phone # readable from over 2 blocks away.

2. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have basic signs on the back of my trailer and I think they work.I am having new ones made this Spring to match my business card.
  3. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

post more pictures i might be geting one
  4. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

All my signs are homemade, Total three signs on each side of trailer and tailgate. I haul away lots of plywood & spray paint. I buy those ( size 4" & 6") card board letters, line em up into a long square board pattern, tape em together, lay em on a precut board & spray paint them. Not actually professional like a pro shop would do them but it works for me!
  5. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I will take some pix of mine in the morning. But, I had mine made at Fast Signs, don't know if you have one or not.
    I think it was about 52" wide by 40" high logo, phone #, tag line, and website. They put that on a thick alum sheet. On my trailer gate, I have the one where the vertical rails are made out of angle iron so I install 2x4's on gate first next to vertical rails then I bought a piece of treated plywood, screwed that to the 2x4's, counter sunk the screws some, then screwed the alum sign to the plywood. I had to do it that way because I did not want the wind to catch the alum. It was a job coming up with getting it to work but then again, I always go way overboard with things I build. I will get you some pix.
  6. TopNotchLawnCare

TopNotchLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from IL

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you to have one made at Fast Signs?
  7. JayD

Let me look for paper work, give a few min.
  8. JayD

OK, it was $174.50 and it was 32"x56" on .040 Aluminum from FastSigns.
    Now I also had a little money on top of this for the wood, screws. I would say maybe aroun $50 or so, but I did buy treated plywood.
  9. TopNotchLawnCare

TopNotchLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from IL

Thank you.
  10. JayD

Your welcome, check back later in the afternoon and I will go the the shop and take some pix.