Anyone have a sq footage charge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1BadHawk, Mar 14, 2005.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a chart of pricing for square footage on optional services they'd be wiling to share?
  2. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Optional services????? What are your regular services?
  3. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

Im talking about, aeration, fertilization, things of that nature, that perhaps you would charge based on square footage.

One of the local lco here does something to the effect of xx.xx per footage for the first 5k , then yy.yy for 5k-15, so on and so on. He then has that chart divided into catagories 1,2,3. Cat 1 wide open, no obstrucions, cat 2 minor obstructions, cat 3 very obstructed, hilly and so on.

Just wondering if anyone does anything similar and is willing to share.
  4. old dog

old dog LawnSite Member

Not practical unless all areas are EXACTLY alike.You might want to go with a
    base sq. ft. charge and add price as you deal with obstacles,soil types ,and the like.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I do everything based on volume of work.
    (volume x rate + difficulty factor = price)

And I'd be glad to share with you privately. If interested, send me a PM of the list of 'optional services' you are curious about.
  6. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

ok, makes sense. Just was wondering if anyone else was doing something similar.

I thought quick classification such as 1,2,3 for the "difficulty" factor was a prety good idea. Then a chart of some sort for footage would make for a quick estimate sheet. According to the guy here, I think he said each classification is .50c higher then the previous one.

On the couple estimates Ive given already, Ive just eyed it up really and came up with a time estimate, and just applied my hourly rate at what I need to get paid. So far thats worked out prety well. Imhappy, and the customers have been happy too.
  7. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I try to charge 3.50$ per k for mowing . 12.00$ per k for areation . an 22.00$perk for areation seeding an fert (fescue only). Hope this helps .