Anyone have a Toro Dingo

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Husky05, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about buying a used Toro Dingo 420X Model on Tracks. I have a bobcat 753 Skid loader, that I do alot of work with, but I have been looking at the different attachments for the Dingo and it really seems to be an amazing little machine, I mainly want to use it for soil preparation, such as seeding/sodding and using it on large mulch jobs. There is a local landscape company in my town here that is selling a 03 420X with 427 Hrs for $6,900 I might be able it get it a little lower, anyone think that is a good buy?
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Go over to the tractor forum here and search dingo and and LARGE thread will come up. Pricing is discussed in it as well. I'd post this question there as well.

You can get a new 420 for about 18k maybe a little less. So you are talking about a 5 year old machine with half its usefull life already. I was informed expect about 1k hours before any major overhauls. What are the treads like..what shape are they in? You need to look on the inside and look at the 'knobs' those are what wear first and they are about 600 bucks. Is the body starting to rust out? Does it have counterweights? A stand? How about any attachments...the bucket at least? Which one?

Making some assumption I would say that price isn't that bad...although I'd start at 5k and see where they are going to meet you.
  3. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

I don't own one but ran one all summer and then ran the bobcat mt52 and would take the mt52 anyday over the dingo the diesel motor of the mt 52 makes a hudge difference when digging into a pile.
  4. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

they just came out with a diesel dingo but i can tell you i had the mt52 and the dingo side by side.. the dingo salesman showed me every advantage over the mt52 so i bought the dingo 420.. i plan on purchasing another one in the spring if all goes well!

5. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

I liked the dingo but the diesel motor was way better for digging. I would really like to try a diesel dingo.
  6. Holders Residential

Holders Residential LawnSite Member

Has anyone used the stump grinder on the Dingo? I was wondering how well they worked.
  7. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a diesel boxer. I use it almost everyday. Its the best thing money can buy in the landscape world. If it is good condition then buy it. If you think you can afford better then get a new machine that has a warranty.
  8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Good luck finding a tracked dingo w/ less than a 1000 hours for 5k. I would try to get him down to 6k. That would be a fair deal. The tracks run about $450 a piece. To replace the complete undercarriage would be about $600-$700(I think I am about to have to do this to mine at 700 hours).

There is nothing like a mini-skid. We trench irrigation systems, auger holes for everything, prep for sod w/ harley rake, move half pallets of sod, move materials, install bnb plant material up to 30" rootball. It is probably one of the best purchases I have made.
  9. LB1234

hence why i said offer never know maybe they need to get it off their hands.

you can always go up...but its darn near impossible to go down from your starting bid.
  10. LB1234

I have a number of times (rented). It works just fine.