Anyone Have A ZTR Puffer Air Ride Seat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by weeble67, May 12, 2013.

1. C&C Landscaping

C&C Landscaping LawnSite Member

Seat 500.00 - shipping 65.00

2. C&C Landscaping

Sorry type o - Seat 599.00 shipping 65.00

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

If it saves your body, price is insignificant, I'm 64 and believe me one body is all that's given, and it's up to the person to do everything in his power to take care of that one body. I commend you on spending the additional money in an attempt to make riding the mower less abusive to your body, not many want to turn loose that type money to help with the ride, but believe me as they get older they will wish they had.

Money is not worth anything if you don't have the physical ability to enjoy it.

4. C&C Landscaping

I agree puppy paws. I am 55 and a LG man as I said before I cut some vacant lots and Lg complexes. With the SZ's speed and me maxing out the old seat I was having to slow down. I installed the new seat today and ran into a sm problem. The new grammar seat is a little forward when set all the way back and the sticks hit my body when going in reverse. I have the stick adjustments set all the way forward so looks like in going to have to re drill the holes and move the seat back - really not a big deal. I cut 7 lawns today with it and like it so far, it defiantly is more firmer than the old one. Once I get it set up and start cutting the larger property's next week I will be able to tell more.

5. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Did you buy it from me?

6. C&C Landscaping

Not sure - EBay last sat. was delivered Thursday. It was a bad boy dealer from down south.

7. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Lol yeah small world, i think im the lowest in the nation though....
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

Update... It is a super easy installation. Took the padding off my seat with 4 bolts. Then I was able to reach the 4 nuts that hold the seat pan in place. Took the seat pan off and attached the suspension kit to the seat mount on my mower using the 4 existing studs. No drilling required, used the stock nuts. Then used the supplied bolts to secure my seat pan to the suspension kit. Bolted the seat pads back onto the pan and it was completed.

Onto wiring... The kit is all wired with two leads protected in wire loom. So I ran the wires out near the front of the suspension kit and tapped into an ignition wire using a supplied wire tap. Then I hooked up the ground checked for pinch points and I was done. They include an extension for the seat switch incase you need to have longer wires to connect your seat safety switch but on my Exmark it wasn't needed.

The control valve is located at the front between your legs and is quick and easy to use. It took a little playing to figure out the height I needed on it to avoid bottoming out. But I hit 8 yards yesterday and it was nice. You don't bounce around like I was worried you might, instead you sort of float over bumps.

The cost was $375 shipped to my front door via UPS and so far I am very happy. If anyone is close and wants to check it out before buying stop on by and give it a try. I am going to check with my Toro dealer and see if they have any mowers with Michigan Seats that I can cruise the lot with and see how it compares. I don't have any seat time on a Michigan Seat, but I hope this helps. I'm off to use the new seat some more.

9. C&C Landscaping

Thank you so much. I was reinstalling it today and was looking at the box and seen that it did come from you. Being a Large man I had to re drill the holes - moved it back 4 more inches. Seem nice so far but really haven't put it to the test. Cutting lg vacant lots this week - that will tell the story.

10. Shoreline

Shoreline LawnSite Member

So now that you've had about a month with the puffer, how is it? I cut a few rough lots as well and they have knocked me out this week, had to hire someone to do my trimming and push mowing for me while I give my back a rest.
    Posted via Mobile Device