Anyone have an everride mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tiger, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Turf Tiger

Turf Tiger LawnSite Member

I looked at mowers today and I saw a brand called everride. I have never heard of them. Has anyone heard anything bad about them. 52 in 23kaw 6500 brand new

Also I found a Toro 52in with 19 kaw for 5500 no hours.
    I also found an exmark 52in 27 kohler 319hours for 5000.

I am trying to buy 2 new mowers for next year and trying to decide what is the best deal for my money. Any help would be appreciated

2. Turf Tiger

Turf Tiger LawnSite Member

I have been reading great things on the internet about these mowers and I was just wanting you guys opinion on what to do. please let me know

3. tfalb4

tfalb4 LawnSite Member

Stay away from the everide.I have a 60inch zero turn and had had tons of problems with it.go with the exmark.

4. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I would second that on the everide!

5. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Early Everride Warriors (gen 1) had belt and pump issues. These problems were corrected in Gen 2. Currently selling Gen. 3.

Everride has a lifetime warranty on frames and decks I believe.

I just picked up a Everride Hornet 23HP, 52" deck. Love it. Small commercial machine.

Do some more searches. Many people on here do like them. The company was in $ trouble last year and went under. ARIENS bought them and production started again. The company who makes Everride previously was in business for 40+ years making mowers for other OEMS like John Deere.

The Everride design is unique (visually). It was originally designed for Honda when they where planning on launching their own ZTR. Honda backed out and sold the design to Auburn Consolidated Industries who sold the mower (Warrior) under the Everride name. They later designed the smaller Hornet.

They are great, overbuilt machines. Both ZTR's have 7 Ga frames and decks, big tires (mostly) and great powertrains. The Hornet has a aluminum oil tank with a heatsink built-in. Of course they also use fans on the pumps. Many other brands use cheap plastic tanks and in some cases no fans, just oil coolers.

The Height of Cut adjustment is 2nd to none. It's quick, 1-handed adjustments.

They also come standard with full suspension seats.

Some people on this forum can't say anything nice unless its a SCAG or EXMARK or TORO. I'm not too impressed with Exmark but SCAG's are built well.

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have an EverRide Warrior 27/60, 438 hours. Only problem so far was a loose wire on the charging system.

7. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

The design and quality of cut is excellent on the everide! The problem here is no support no warranty and now no dealers! The last dealer and only true dealer they had lost several thousand dollars in warranty and so he said good bye to them!

8. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

wrong my friend L&M mowers in lowell arkansas not to far away from you still going strong with everrides

9. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Also wrong my dealer going strong I have 2 warriors love them

10. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Search my threads-I have 2 Everride Scorpions, the 34" FX and the 52", both great machines and I have NOTHING to complain about! Go Everride! I have had ZERO break-downs in a combined 350 hours of use.