1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have an Exmark Viking?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by south jerz, May 11, 2005.

1. south jerz

south jerz LawnSite Member

Any reviews on this mower?
  2. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I have one, 36" and it is a pretty good mower. Fast and gives a good cut.
  3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Yes, my friend has one, it's about....oh.....15 years old. Second motor, still cuts like it did on day one.
  4. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

I have one. They are good belt driven mowers

i have a 48 viking,its the best cuttin mower i ever used,i have a 52 ztr toro, and for jobs, i would rather use the 48, bc it cuts so nice and even!
  6. fishinman22487

fishinman22487 LawnSite Member

I have a Viking 36" and Kaw. 15hp, great mower, cuts fast, low maintenance, and worth the extra buck. What size are you looking for?
  7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I have 2 Viking 32"'s which are Now Discontinued....One w/15hp Kohler...One w/15hp Kaw....Prefer the 36" Tracers.....eXmark Should have Made a 32" Tracerhp instead of the 26" Metro.
  8. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

My Viking is a hydro, as I thought all Vikings were. The Metro is the belt driven version.

As far as the quality, I am very pleased with it so far. Maneuvers easy, and leaves a very nice cut. The ECS controls are very easy to use.
  9. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

The belt was called the Viking Posi drive. Nice set up for a belt drive. eXmark was nuts to stop making this mower. They said sales dropped off though.
  10. l1011100

l1011100 LawnSite Member

I have a 48" and I love it. It cuts great, I have a mulching kit on it and it works great.