Anyone have an old Wheel Horse their using or restoring

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by RGM, Nov 30, 2011.

1. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I have a 1983 312-8

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

What all attachments do you have for it? They look like they'd be useful machines.

3. RGM

Male, from Baltimore Md

I don't have any attachments yet but looking for a tiller and a blow

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I just saw the implements that you listed in your post on CL here in MI a couple days ago. There's always lots of WH stuff for sale here. My next door neighbor plows snow with an '85 310-8. His is in excellent shape and runs very smooth.

5. RGM

Male, from Baltimore Md

Mine is in real good shape always kept in a real good shed concrete floor it was one of my friends. I had been cutting his grass for about 20 years with my mowers he use it to pull a cart to pick up sticks. It has about 300 hrs on the meter and its a big old Koller Magnum 12 hp. When he past away his son didn't know what to do with it so he gave it to me along with a bunch of other lawn equipment.

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Those old Kohler Magnums in those tractors are good engines. They may not have the oil filter/full pressure lubrication features, but they have larger oil pans in them than the ones made before that time frame, and the ones made since. Very smooth running old machines when taken care of.

7. nolatoolguy

nolatoolguy LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Heres mine, she dont get used much but she sure does run great. This is what got me going in the lawncare industry. Without her I wouldnt be were I am today.

wheelhorse 2 - Copy.png