1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have another LCO mow their own lawn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I know it sounds ridiculous, but sometimes I wish I had someone to mow my lawn so I wouldn't have to worry about it.
  2. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I feel the same way, I only wish I could afford the exorbitant prices that those gosh darn landscapers get! :)
  3. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I hear you! I cannot afford those astronomical prices either. ;)

I wouldn't pay more than $15 for someone to mow my 1 acre Zoysia lawn...but I will blow $40 on a prime rib dinner in a heartbeat...oh, wait, I'm begining to sound like some of the tight wads that ask me for bids...must be the humidity...what am I saying??? :laugh:
  4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't, but after a long day, and then having to mow my own yard, I admit, I have thought about it.
  5. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Just get a few bids U never know?................

But then again....... The LCO Still will not do it
    like I like it........ :p
  6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

My employees cut my lawn. I have not cut it personally since last season. I think If I didnt have employees to do it I would hire someone else!!!! Last thing I feel like doing after working 12 hours is coming home and mowing my own lawn!;)
  7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

My Mother Threatened Me Once With It. We Do get Busy!
  8. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

JohnG...lol !!!

This is my 1st season back in the business and I am part time. However, I worked for an lco while in college and I would mow his lawn when he went on his annual 2 week summer vacation.
  9. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Im a tightwad too.

I've been thinking about hiring a Scrub to cut my lawn, so's I can save some money.:eek: ;) :dizzy:

Just Kidding!

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

guys don't laugh i service several chain restaurants and some nice commerical places.and make them look nice, but the landscaping around my house looks like ****.i have been doing lawn business for over 20 years i just don't have the energy to make my house look great nor do i care. maybe someday:)