1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Have Any Doorhanger Samples?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CityLawnGuy, Jul 10, 2001.

1. CityLawnGuy

CityLawnGuy LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a sample of a doorhanger piece. I live in a very small community (population 2500) and we do not have a lawn service company to do basic mowing, edging, and trimming. I want to start out just in this area while keeping my other job and was wondering if anyone has a sample of a doorhanger they have used in the past that had any success. I have access to plenty of students who will gladly put them out but I don't want to waste their time and my money. I am also doing other marketing as well (such a local cable for $10.00 per week) and I will have an article in the local newspaper in a week or so - so I thought the door hangers might be a good leave behind to support the other marketing. Any info or comments would be much appreciated!!!!!

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

If your town is that small, maybe you should just go ahead with
    the paper and hang a few flyers at key places in town. You will
    probably get the word out fairly effectively that way.
  3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

In a town that small, a sign in the hardware store might be effective as well.

People bring their mower in for repair... you cut it while it's being fixed... they enjoy having it done... want it done all the time... their neighbor sees what a nice job you do...
  4. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

With a town that size. Stand on a corner and yell. lol