1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have any experience w/ Superthrive

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by brentsawyer, Oct 14, 2003.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I would think that with the thousands that is spent on their ads that people would be buying and talking about the stuff. However,it seems that noone here has talked much about it. Just wondering what past experiences were
  2. blafleur

blafleur LawnSite Member

Glad you asked, I've been wondering too. I have been using it off and on for the last few years. Kind of hard to determine effectiveness, I can say it doesnt hurt. I do know the companies that transplant very large trees around here all use it. The ads kind of remind me of old comic book ads, too good to be true.

Same with the mycorriza (sp?) stuff, I have used it sometimes, and sometimes not. No obvious difference in either. Someday I am going to do some side by side comparisons on them.

I have wondered why I have never seen any product reviews on either of them.

3. panda

panda LawnSite Member

I have had good experience with it. Years ago had used it on spade pine trees that were going into a sand dune ...a hard sell... It turned our percentages around. Made a believer out of me. I use it all the time now.

Another product out now is SUPERTRACE. Can be used the same way. It also works great when mixed with iron and applied to lawns.

The mycorrihiza treatments I have had a little experience with. I'm not sure if it was that, or the pesticide / fungicide it was mixed with that worked on the specimen that was treated. All the literature on it seems promising though.
  4. Peach

Peach LawnSite Member

Superthrive is good stuff.

Did side by side in a nursery a few years ago. On potted perennials and annuals. Results were impressive enough to photograph and use point of sale.

How it works in the field on shrubs/trees I don't know.
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Brent,

Here is a quote from this post.

"superthrive which is somewhat expensive but works wonders. I have resurrected many a plant using that product."