Anyone have code enforcement called?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnmedics, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

Had code enforcement called on us today. Asked to see our license and other questions.We showed him our license and insurance info. he said somebody called on us and we did not need to carry our insurance papers with us. Anybody have a similar experience?
  2. i sure as hell did into it with my next door neigbor at my old place ....their dog jumped my fence rottweiler malled it up ....they expected me to pay vet bills ...for their dog who jumped over on my property ...well i told em extremely nicely no i would not pay the bill....fat ass old lady there she weighted about 400 lbs ..i knocked her cold as a turns out her brother was code commissnor...i had no equipment at home it was all at the shop...i would drive home a one ton ...they tryed to say because it was sitting out on the drive i need a home occupation license prolemo i got the required signatures from all the other neighbors bingo got ...well that was just the start ..every time you turn around code out ..ticket for this ticket that ...i finnally told whats next ticket for sh iting....i had to get my lawyer on the village for harrasment ....was sweet after it was all over ..the dunce got fired lol
  3. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

It seems that only people with nothing to do call them. I was told that they were called because I was mowing at 8am. This is within the HOA rules but somebody was missing some beauty sleap. So we got troubled.
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Its happened to us alot, mostly early in the morning. Once a cop asked us for our county license, well there are no county licenses anymore, that law was repealled in 95.
  5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i think that lettered trucks dont have much as a problem as guys who have unlettered trucks with a trailer full of thousands and thousands of dollars in equipment. same for lettered, but i could see a cop pulling an unlettered truck over, just to make sure they didnt take it from a lettered truck. maybe its just me though.
  6. i will tell this have no idea just how much power that code office has .
  7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

You knocked out a fat woman? :confused:
  8. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I guess knocked out is better than up
  9. sure did the b i t c h had a 2 by 4 ..she's lucky i didnt kill her .