anyone have double blades on a hopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Mar 14, 2001.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I am waiting for the grass to start growing here to try the double blade setup on my grasshopper. has anyone ever used double blades on a hopper. if so how do you like it? thanks

joe

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Uh.....YOU wanna take this one, Eric?

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I am pretty sure the members that own the hoppers are using them. I think it's the Walkers that the blades have to be timed and those guys are using a shorter blade on top so there isn't a timing problem.

If it were me, I would be doing what ever it took to put them on. I wouldn't know how to mow without doubles. ;)

4. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I think I understand what you mean by (double blade) but just in case would you enlighten me on the subject THANX!

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have a page on my website that explains the double blades a bit, with pictures. :) Click my little red house below and go to the double blade page.

7. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

This is what I thought you guys were talking about. I have thought about doing this before but have never tried it but I will keep it in mind. Thanx

8. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

JML

I've got a 725 with a 52" mulching deck that I tried doubles on. Basicly, I tried it just 'cause everyone on this forum thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.
    I didn't see any difference other than they made a little more noise. Remember, I have the mulching kit on my deck. I'm sure there sould be a difference if I didn't.

9. swn

swn LawnSite Member

If you use double blades, is there any need to get longer bolts than you already have or to use a spacer between the blades?

10. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I am not new here. I was asking hopper owners only about them. I have read a lot about them on the board but haven't seen anyone that had a grasshopper with them on...