1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone have expierence with grasshopper front mounts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimslawncareservice, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Just wondering who has or grasshopper front mount mowers with different attachments. Such as the aera vator, sprayer, bagger, and snowblower. whatare the cons and pros that you see/saw.
  2. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Traction would be the biggest issue on hills. Plus you have to remove the deck each time. But I never used the aeravator don't know how well it does pushing that. The GH gains traction by using the weight of the deck on the drive tires, I never was that impressed at all by forward traction on hills, unless they have fixed this in the last 10 years.
  3. RozarLawnCare

RozarLawnCare LawnSite Member

I just bought a used Woods 6215. It is the same as a GH. I will let you know how I like it.
  4. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I have a 729 on demo now with a 61 deck. great up and down hills. it is touchy on going sideways on hills. i like the mower. but am not sure how well they do with attachment. I am trying to get way from so many different mowers. my exmark i cant use in the winter and deere 445 is hard to use in the summer sice you have to mow so slow. as of now we do around 100 drive ways in the winter and several buisness side walks. I also have a front mount deere a 1445. all in all it would be easier to use or have 3 mowers alike. since grasshopper has several attachments and has a good cut i am thinking of switching.
  5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

What year model is your Woods?