Anyone have Gator blades on their GD chariot?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by syzer, Sep 15, 2000.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have heard that the blade tip speed is too high and it will block the deck up effecting the proper ditribution of grass. Is there any merit to whatI have heard?

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I sure hope not! I've used Gator Blades for 3 years on my Chariot with no problems that you described.

Ray

3. syzer

How do you like them kirb? Any pics of the lawn cut with them?

4. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Kirb the dealer here says that the new marbine blades dane has come out with last 3 times longer.. Supposedly there like real new and real awesome...... ever run these there on our chariot

5. KirbysLawn

I like the Gators, tougher than high-lifts. My job photos and web site links below have pics, all cut with Gator blades.

Gun, never heard of them but I haven't been to my dealer in 6-7 months :D because I have ALOT of blades and no repairs, so not sure. I will check it out though.

Thanks.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

At one time i didnt like the gators. Now I like them. Dont really feel like tellin you why. You just have to buy them and see what u think. If you dont like them you can always use them to eat spagetti

7. KirbysLawn

Hey Seizer, I just posted a few more photos on my "photos" link below. Buy a set.

8. syzer

Awesome lawn photos ray, now I think i will invest in some gators. How often do you sharpen them?

-Chris

9. KirbysLawn

Twice a year.

Just kidding. :D Around every 8 hours.