1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have landscape border pictures? For ideas?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEoneandonlyLawnRanger, Dec 12, 2007.

1. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my house and the landscaping around the front of the house has wooden timbers for a border. I dont really like it and they are rotting out in some places so i would like to replace the border with something fairly inexpensive but nice looking. Any ideas or pictures of borders/edging would be greatly apprecitated.

2. New Heights

New Heights LawnSite Member

Is the border holding anything back? If not why not hand spade the edge and just mulch.

3. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

Our front yard is on a very slight decline from the house to the road, the landscape timbers are mainly just holding back about 4-5 inches of mulch. All the way around the front of the house.

4. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

If you can post a few pictures and Im sure someone will come up with something for you. I just did a total over haul on the front of my house. I didnt finish cus winter finaly got here the other day, But I dont have much left to add come summer. Last year I did a total over haul of the back yard, It took about 5 months but looks great. If I get time tomorrow I'll post a few pics of both.