1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have one of these customers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by twins_lawn_care, May 5, 2004.

1. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Every week, I take care of this upscale house, probably $4-500,000, and every week I start mowing, and about 1/3 of the way through it, the guy comes out and starts doing yard work!
    It's like he has to be out there to tell me about how he used to cut it, and how he knows a guy who sells mulch, and he has to water the flowers when I am there. EVERY WEEK! I swear he does nothing all day long, until I get there, and then comes out to be seen???

I wouldn't have a problem if he was an elderly man just looking for some company, but he's like 50!

Great customers, real nice, but sometimes, I just want to work, and get out of there, before someone puts a quarter in jabber jaws:dizzy:

Anyone else have these "lurking" customers?
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I had a "lurking" boss :D he had to sit and talk with every customer for 15-30 mins after the job was done, needless to say we never got anything done.
  3. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM LawnSite Member

Hell that's ALL my customers...[​IMG]
  4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe you'll get lucky and the mower will pop him with a rock or small piece of wood. Just ask the guy why he's such a pita. Honesty is always the best policy. ha ha ha
  5. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Oh, we have them. Anyone want to know the "latest" on a little ol ladys two cats and the dogs next door? On the other hand, one of my crew leaders was having a bad day last week, so the customer handed him a full bottle of brandy! Man i wish i had been there! We all split a bit of it that night though.
  6. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Luckily,no.All of my accounts are because the homeowner doesn't have time to take care of their lawn.They're working,so I'm in and out before most ever get home.
  7. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe none of those customers but once you start mowing it's like rats on a ship. All the neighbors come out and think they need to do yard work too, then they stop you and ask questions about this or that.
  8. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I have so lonely house wives that are always learking around me. They are alway just getting out of the shower or going out side for a tan or swim in the pool. Thats funny that it's like that every week I don't know why? maybe just bad timing.

Once this lady ran out with some massage oil and wanted me to rub her back? Whats up with that? Another wanted me to rub sun screen on her. I think it's just bad timing.
  9. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

If it's your last lawn of the day, you're single, and she's a hottie, then it's GREAT timing. :D
  10. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

bad timing for who you are them