Anyone have one of those flower bed saver things on their exmark ztr?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by bigw, Mar 15, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure what its called but it has a pedal on the left floor of the deck and when you step on it the aftermarket chute close's to stop the clippings from going into flower beds. Any way i think i am going to get one of these put on monday at my dealer. I have quite a few customers that have asked me to please keep clippings out of their beds so will this really help? I think it will,it looks like it will anyway!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

bigw,

It's called our Operator Controlled Discharge Chute (OCDC). Everyone who I've talked to that has one, likes it. It's a good piece.

Later,
    KC

3. Tower Rat 95B

Tower Rat 95B LawnSite Member

Does the OCDC come off quickly so I could switch the Utra Vac off and on, does it require tools?

4. eXmark

Tower Rat 95B,

According to our Parts and Accessories guru, it will take somewhere between 5-10 minutes to remove everything but the foot pedal. You need not remove the foot pedal to attach your UltraVac.

KC

5. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

The OCDC that Exmark has, does it go straight up in the open position or is it sticking out parallel to the ground?

6. eXmark

CuttinUP,

The OCDC, at it's fully open position is parallel to the ground. It does not open any farther b/c of safety requirements.

Later,
    KC

7. driver5

driver5 LawnSite Senior Member

On my lazer Ive got a " EzChute" . I did a lot of research on these things a couple of years ago and decided that this one was the best. Only thing is, you will have to drill two holes. I had this thing installed in less that twenty minutes. It does not interfere with a bagger as in a accelerator.

Hope this helps.

If you have any further questions:

driver5@comcast.net

Respectfully,

Scott

8. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I love mines. It stops the discharge really well.

9. danmc

danmc LawnSite Member

they work fine when brand new but the plastic bends out of whack fairly easy when you hit things with them, the front corner of mine is folded all the way back and lets a lot of grass through. Also, it will leave a windrow of clippings if the grass you're cutting is too tall.....