1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

anyone have pics of built in grills?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by YardPro, Mar 25, 2006.

1. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

have a customer that wants to have a pig cooker built into a patio i just did for him. I need some pics of srw built grills for him to get the feel.

I know we will have to line the cooker with firebrick, and he will have a stainless cover, grille, and burner made to his specs..

price is not an issue with this job...
    need help with ideas.

thanks

2. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Steven, not sure if you did a search, but I think this topic was discussed recently. If I remember correctly, there were some good pics.

3. YardPro

i searched first, but only found one thread with pics from i think it was naturescapes.

i did not know if anybody here had done anything specifically for a pig cooker before.

4. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

i did not know if anybody here had done anything specifically for a pig cooker before.

Use the basic styles you've seen, and then add the additional size you'll need for a hog baker. If I'm not mistaken your cut out is going to have to be 5' or more wide, which means the reast of the surround has to enlarge.

That's a cool idea though, I might just snag that one for a Hawaiin theme we are working on for one of the starts houses.

5. YardPro

i'll try to come up with something.. i'll post pics if i get the job.. it will be a really high end custom job, all custom made stainless hood, etc.........

6. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Yardpro:

You can get a pig roaster, all made up, stainless grille rotissserie, etc at Bullbbq.com

With that large of a cut out, you are going to need some pretty steel in the top, and honsetly, I might sell them a 1.25" thick slab of granite, and put grease rail around where you would carve the pig by routing a rail of granite then epoxying it to the top.

7. YardPro

thanks for the link. and the tips. I'll be talking with him later this week.

We have already takled materials for the top.
    he is a friend of the locak stoneyard owner, so he will be buying the stone from him.