Anyone have success with flyers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mo Green, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I am about to make the trek around a few neiborhoods and hang some flyers. Has anyone had success with this. How about some tips (i.e. types of neiborhoods, every house or just ones with high grass).

2. Five Diamond Lawns

Five Diamond Lawns LawnSite Member

What are you advertising?
    Too late in the season for maintenance.

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Flyers are a good way to get your name out so people get to know who you are the more they know you they more work you can get but everybody does flyers so make sure they look nice and don't put them in the mail box.

4. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

A lesson I learned the hard way is that it depends on the flyer. I didnt do to great with a flyer I did myself in Word. ( My wife thought it was great ;) )
    I will pay for design or not waste my time.

5. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

Flyers are the best form of advertising for me ...way better than the expensive yellow pg ad....They are cheap to mass produce (once you have a good design) and easy to hand out by the thousands.....Timing is improtant tho....You'll get far better response for things like mowing early in the season but I have handed them out anytime I want to get more business.....I've had custmomers call me from really old flyers so some people do keep them just in case....

6. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Just about any kind of advertising/marketing will be hit or miss. There are so many variables. At this point in the season your flyers might not get the response that they would in the spring. So don't get too discouraged if you don't get a big response, but certainly getting your name out there now won't hurt. The more times a prospect see's your name the better chance you have of landing that prospect as a customer.

Buck

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

You won't get as big a response as in the spring, but you should get some calls. People are always looking to switch for various reasons. I've signed mowing customers up even in late October/early November. Keep in mind the college kids are away, some customers are suddenly without their scrubs.

Don't target tall grass, these people very likely don't give a s*** about their property. That's not the kind of client you want.

8. Mycannon

Mycannon LawnSite Member

This is where I see alot of people hitting is just tall grass we want return customers not cleanups that just want you to clean there mess up

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Mo Green,

Get out as many flyers as you can. The more within your area of service the better. Here are some free flyer templates to help possibly get you started quicker. Let us know how everything goes.

10. Georgiehopper

Georgiehopper LawnSite Member

I love doing fliers..I can always count on fliers to get me through a dry spell. I usually get one job out of every 100-300 fliers that I do. The fliers have to look good though....they have to catch a person's eye otherwise they'll just toss em in the trash.