Anyone have the new Gravely 1550 Bagger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeds_Lawn_Care, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone used it? Like it? I'm looking for some reviews. What does it cost?

2. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, don't have one, but offering my 2 cents.

Overall I think it's a good design. Like the "lid" that opens all the way (so many only open a little, making getting the bags in/out a PITA) Looks pretty solid for an all cloth type catcher. Blower and catcher design is quite similar to Grashoppers cloth catchers. (not toally though, because I wish mine was more like the Gravelys.) Mine is fairly cheaply made, down to the top won't even stay shut if it catches the wind, also it pops open while mowing sometimes. But enough of my problems, lol.

Only drawback to the cloth top, like mine, is that the dust/small stuff that's vented out dosn't get blown DOWN like most plastic top models, it blows straight out the back. If there's a breeze to your back you end up with everything down your backside. If there's vehicles with open windows around or anything else that's not supposed to have stuff sprayed on it, watch out!

5. John Gamba

from ct

Thanks Jason:waving: You can use straps to hold down the lid and put a solid cover on the the lid to stop the dust. Good Luck

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I have one on my new Gravely, I love it! In another post I replied to months ago I stated it sucked up a semi truck lug nut and trashed the impeller. Luckily it was fixable and a new one only costs around 80.00. You have to watch it on hills, my right side bag has fallen off a few times when going back up the hill:confused: but other than that its great, combined with the new XDZ deck its hard to beat IMO. As far as the cost, I paid around 1700.00 and I had to put it together. John G. so far I have only cleaned under the deck once! The deck is amazing to say the least! Very minimal grass build up.

7. John Gamba

from ct

8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Wet thick grass you have to watch the height, it can get plugged if your trying to cut down more than a few inches. ZERO stragglers this year! and I mean ZERO. There were a couple of lawns where weeds were very tall and a couple of times I had to hit the weeds again, but they were the tall thick weeds.

9. John Gamba

from ct