anyone have the new z450 toro series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by contourbs, May 2, 2005.

1. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

im looking at toro or a exmark. what have people paid for there z450 with 52 inch deck and 23 kawi motor

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I have been looking at both of these units too. Tossed between an exmark lazer hp or advantage and the toro pro z450 both 52 inch

I was quoted 6995 on the exmark and 6599 on the toro. Both are from great dealers with great service

From what I have been told:
    The toro has a thicker frame. The spindle housings are also ductile cast iron with 1/4' deck around the massive housings.

The exmark is a proven winner. Everything you would expect from exmark.

From what I have gathered is they are built by the same parent company. I'm inclined to stick with the toro. Bit lower price and I preffer that dealer as he has always taken good care of me in the past. I'm even considering the 48". I'm running a 61 now and need something smaller for tighter areas and my smaller props.

3. contourbs

wow the best ive been quoted were 7799 for exmark and toro is 7299. can i get the number for that toro dealer. for that price ill buy one now

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

my bad. that was with the 19 twin kawi. you should be more than fine with that. he even had the z400 52" kawi 19 twin for 5295

woodys small engines. Laurel MS. Im short on time so look up the number fast. you will wanna talk to nathan and Tell him Billy sent ya

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I just bought the Toro Z449 with the 52" deck, 19hp kawi, turbo force deck...I've mowed with it for about 25 hours now and I am extremely happy with it... most of the properties I take care of are 5,000 to 8,000 sq ft. of mowing. This mower cuts beautifully and doesnt feel too big for the area its used on...I highly recommend it.

6. contourbs

what did you pay and how much was the 23 horse model

7. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Why wouldn't you just step up and buy the Z500, it comes with a larger engine , I got the 27hp Kohler. The worst thing you can do is buy underpowered mowers. I learned the hard way 1 time. Never again. 27hp- 52in tfs deck great mowing machine.

8. contourbs

thats what i have now for a demo, first its to big for my enclosed trailer, i cant walk inside. then i dont like how tall i sit on it. just to big for me

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

That was with the z stand and the mulch kit base price $6900. I went to the exmark dealer and the base was a lot cheaper at $6200. Both machines look very similar however the toro's SFS deck looked better then the ex.

10. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

I paid $7,100 for the 23 hp 52". I think it's the 450 model. It doesn't have the z stand but it does have the pre cleaner on the air filter. I love it so far.