Anyone having a Bad Day??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Psych-O, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Psych-O

Psych-O LawnSite Member

I was trimming around a patio area when I hit a rock, and guess where it went?? Yep, right through a one foot by seven foot window! Got real disgusted and moved away from the area to finish trimming and guess what happened next?? Yep, You guessed it, shot another rock right through a three foot by six foot glass door!! Had to shake my head and take a break! I notified the homeowner and told him that I would have someone come out to fix the damage. I told him that I would not accept payment for the lawn service until the damage was repaired and he was fine with it. Just one of those days, after that I called it a day and went home. :cry: payup :dizzy:
  2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I dropped a client because they placed tons of those white rocks in their flowerbeds. Lets just say I could see it coming. Real expensive palladium windows everywhere.
  3. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

Ouch! We've all been there though. Someone from my crew slings a rock through a window a couple times a year it seems. It's inevitable. Last year I had a rock go through the window of a brand new Tahoe. (With tinted windows no less.)

But I'm more scared of a rock hitting a person or child! That would REALLY mess your day up.
  4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I have done it as well. Two seasons ago I launched a small pebble through a passenger window of a car. The client (I was working for somone else) said insurance would cover it. Thanks goodness, but would never want to do it again anyway.
  5. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

I was edging next to the road, slung a rock and shattered my back window, not once boys and girls, twice :angry: