Anyone having trouble with their Redmax line trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC, Feb 26, 2004.

1. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Just looking to see if anyone else has been experiencing problems with their Redmax line trimmers? I just bought one this winter to use this spring, but after talking to some friends who have a lawn company said they have had nothing but problems with them. They said they have put about 600 to 700 dollars back into them to get them fixed last year. Kinda disappointing to blow $550 on a Redmax line trimmer to find out it may be a piece.

2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

$550 for a weedeater? I hope you used K.Y

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That sound like a tall tale to me. RedMax has a two year warranty, so they should not have to spend a dime unless they have pretty old ones. Even then, why would you spend that much on a trimmer when you can buy a new one for less than $300.00.:confused:

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

sorry, $450, $550 what i spent on a back pack blower. The price is beside the point. Either way just looking to see if anyone has had problems with them.

5. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

I first must say that Redmax equipment has been very good to me except one trimmer. I bought a Strato charged trimme rthat gave me grief right from the start it would run then lose spark then it would run again with out reason. Dealer warrteed a mag it did not help I was pissed it ran bad ,dealer was no help at all finally I called dealer and said that I was going to e-mail the Red max co. and tell them if they did not do something for me that I would not be buying any more of there stuff well the dealer decided to sell me a new on at cost. The new trimmer is also Strato charged and is awsome the other one however is just sitting to be used for parts when needed.

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

yes, but a commercial warranty is 1 year not two, but they had said if they had to pay the costs for the repairs, it was close to 600 to 700 dollars.

The trimmer that I bought is new. The lawn crew I talked to said they have had problems with Redmax line trimmers they have.

7. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I been using husqvarna weedeaters now for 3 years and have never had any problem. Stihl and Echo make good weedeaters too.........How does a weedeater go bad? Not much going on with a weedeater..........I think it all depends on the operator

8. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

We use nothing but Redmax 2cycle equipment and have been nothing but impressed with their level of quality and dependability. In my eyes money spent on a Redmax is money well spent.

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The commercial warranty is 2 years.:D

10. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I would actually get an electrical shock from my strato charged trimmer. I happens if you have the loop where the strap goes in your hand and you reach up with your thumb to shut it off. Dealer tried to fix but couldn't get the problem to happen. Naturally as soon as I pick it up...first lawn ZAP.