1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Heading to FL to help clean-up?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tony Clifton, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious if any of you guys are planning on heading to Florida to help clean up the aftermath of Frances. Thankfully the winds have died but unfortunately there will still be a lot of damage. It does not take a lot of wind to blow over a tree when the ground is saturated plus the storm is moving so slow the winds will be sustained for a long period of time.
  2. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know what TV you are watching, but the winds here are still going big guns. Cape Canaveral just had gusts of 124 mph. Cocoa at 94. (My house). There will be plenty of clean up to do that is for sure, but if you are coming you better be self sufficient. Bringing own gas and power.

Here in Orlando we are looking at 50 mph and expecting it to get worse still.
  3. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

I am in Jacksonville.....and I will echo Precision's recommendations. You need to be totally self sufficient (water, tp, gas, etc.)

I did some volunteer work in Orlando after Charlie came thru.........nasty stuff.

4. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Precision, hope I didnt offend you when I said the winds have died,,,I should have said died a little. 95 mph sustained winds are nowhere near as bad as 135mph which is what I was thinking it would be. If we go we will be set-up by the company owner with hotel etc. That has probably already been taken care of. Good luck to you.