Anyone heard of Sumagreen?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Pilgrims' Pride, Feb 25, 2012.

1. SC4DR

SC4DR LawnSite Member

Hey guys I'm new here. Coming to you from another B site L full of crazy lawn nuts. We have been testing Sumagreen for a few months now, and it seems to be living up to expectations. The sumagreen rep we've been talking to says you should see results in 2-4 weeks when the microbes make it into the soil and start giving back. I personally had TTTF germinate in 2 1/2 days using the product

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Subscribed...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Lawn132012

Lawn132012 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Sc4DR- How long does TTTF usually take to grow in your area? Fescue around here takes at least 9 days.

I am EXTREMELY happy with the results on my lawns and it is costly me half the price for treatments. My clients are very happy especially since most of them on;y come to their shore house on weekends or every other week so the lawns holding color with little to no rain and the fact many of my clients do not have sprinkler systems. So basically nobody watering during week.
    Again very happy with the SumaGreen Turf. I do have to admit I have been using 2 oz instead of the 1 oz the recommended. I decided to do this for the reason of no consistent watering of lawns by clients.

4. SC4DR

SC4DR LawnSite Member

Hey Lawn 132012. I didn't get full germination at 3 days (that would be a miracle) but I did notice a couple sprouts at 3 days. By day 9 TTTF is actually thickening nicely. Im measuring about 2.5 in. and very consistent.

Im spraying suma at 3-4 ounces per. And, Im also doing the first 2 apps at 3 week intervals. Im seeing good results so far. Color and density/consistency is phenomenal. Another thing Ive noticed is increased shade grass vigor. Darker colors, and prostrate growth!

5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

We have been happy with our testing and have added SumaGreen to our line.

6. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

am I missing something about the pricing my math is not adding up I know I have been out in the heat all day but Im not getting the .30 what ever cents per K. Is there A LCO price I am not seeing.

7. vaacutabove

past hound can you email or call me about this product.

8. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Sent you an email.

9. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Tested it out on my own lawn in two stripes at 4 oz/k three weeks ago and we just had 9 days of hot humid weather. It is VERY obvious the areas I sprayed and the areas I did not treat. I'll get a picture when it stops raining - this is on 90% KBG.

10. vaacutabove

Would love to see pics
    Posted via Mobile Device