anyone heard of taylor mfg sealers

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by tankjam, Nov 10, 2008.

1. tankjam

tankjam LawnSite Member

anyone ever heard of this company? are they still in bussiness i do think they are a ny bases company and info would be great

2. SealCoatPlus

SealCoatPlus LawnSite Member

im in NY never heard of them

3. SurfaceMax

SurfaceMax LawnSite Member
    from TX

I don't know about their sealer. They used to sell cheap poly tank units with a small melter on them and a book on "how to" with basically a "get rich quick" approach (and these were made out of the cheap poly like water tanks-not custom made like the Equipt brand which is a quality unit)

I haven't hard anything of them in several years. Their "rigs" were WAY overpriced, designed to take in the "newbie" who didn't know any better and get into the "easy money" of sealcoating (their cheaply made rigs sold for the same price as units like Equipt, Seal-Rite, Able, etc... so if you had done some research you would never go for it.)

If I remember right they sold sealer too but it was just something they bought in bulk and put their name on--coal tar back then--and sold to people in the local area. Somewhere in the NY area if I recall.

All this is old memory and Ii do suffer from CRS :dizzy: so it's just the best I recall.