1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard of this mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Joatmon, May 23, 2002.

1. Joatmon

Joatmon LawnSite Member
    from LA

Friend called today, said his dad wants to get rid of a ZTR called a Maxi. Said it has a 17hp Briggs & has a 44" deck. Haven't seen it yet so don't know anything other than that.
  2. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

If you are mowing commercial basis then you would be wise to
    stay away from Briggs and Stratton powered riders.
  3. Joatmon

Joatmon LawnSite Member
    from LA

Thanks Karl, I should have phrased the question differently.

I mow commercially, that is why my friend called me. I have never heard of the mower and didn't know if it was a knock-off or what. His father has it and wants to sell it, he was trying to find out a little something about it.
  4. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

hey southside.what do you guys think about the 16hp vanguard briggs motor in the "down under"?I got one on my 52" turf tracer .any advise will be greateful>Lee
  5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

imho the briggs would be allright ,assuming its their industrial grd. motor.
    the maxi tho is not well known and repair support would keep my offer at about half of what a name mower would get.no the briggs aint koh or kaw but its fair.
  7. Joatmon

Joatmon LawnSite Member
    from LA

Actually saw the thing the other day. It is named MAXIM, not MAXI as I posted earlier. It also only has a 14 hp mower as opposed to the 17 I was told. The owner wasn't there so I didn't look too close or get to hear it run.

He only wants $700 for it. If it made it a year it may be worth it to someone... :)
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

$700 to spend more productively somewhere else. You may have a hard time getting rid of it later on. Not to many people would want it.

Get something you will get more use from.