Anyone here design websites?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like to give mine a face lift. I did it myself a couple of years ago and it took me forever. I think I'd like see it in a conventional template form. I know I'm missing some computer language (like a DOCTYPE.) and it doesn't look the same in different browsers. In fact it doesn't look very good in Firefox at all.

Can anyone here take my information and change it over? Have any templates I can look at?

You can pm me if you'ld like. Thanks...
  2. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

Gopher, who is a site sponsor, designs websites and even has templates that they allow to be used by people like us. I currently use one of their templates and I think it has turned out great. Gopher people are really easy to work with and make every attempt to please.
  3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the suggestion but I do not like any of the templates I see there. In fact.. maybe a template design is not what I'm after. I just want to jazz my site up a bit... a more sophisticated look and fix the other problems.

Anyone else?
  4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

looks like your site has a good foundation to build upon. if you want a fresh look, i'd suggest maybe checking in with the guys over at designoutpost as they do templates. since you're already up and running, with content, this would probably be your best bang for the buck.
  5. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

Like Tony said it is a good start, and I see where some errors were made, if it dosent need to be done pronto I can probably do some updating and tweaking for ya, I have been playing with the aeration page for a little bit and I will post it in a min
  6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

My designer could probably help you out. He is reasonably priced. He can also be found on designoutpost but they only provide templates. He would be able to build the site with what content you have. He also hooked me up with a buddy that host it for $85 a year. PM me if you want his contact info.
  7. DGM

DGM LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

8. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

this is not directed at anyone in particular:
    whenever anyone posts links to tout "their guy", i won't offer up any thoughts on their work (many are amatuerish trainwrecks), but if anyone wants my opinion of any displayed links, you're more than welcome to pm me.

i've received 2 "thoughtful" emails from hack "designers" that took offense to my critiques. i've got enough on my plate to not have to deal with nutjobs.

9. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

You can build your own through yahoo. They've got plenty of templates to work with also.