Anyone here do residential landscaping as well?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Happy Landscaper, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Happy Landscaper

Happy Landscaper LawnSite Member

Just wondering if this portion of the site was strictly about commercial landscaping, or if residential landscaping is discussed as well.

2. mcclureandson

mcclureandson LawnSite Member

I only do residential landscaping...find it's easier to sell quality over price, easier to get work from referalls etc...

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

ditto
    residental here, although we do have a few high end commercial properties that are currently spending a lot of renovation money...

4. Happy Landscaper

Happy Landscaper LawnSite Member

Do you have your own landscaping businesses? Do you do the design work yourselves?

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I do only residential landscaping. It just works out that way. I get business from my existing lawn business which is also primarily residential.

6. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of our landscaping is residential installs or renovations. We also do some commercial work, but the residential market is our main target. Especially new home installs.

Chris

7. lewdo

lewdo LawnSite Member

Hey neighbor how ya doing up there in Bloomington?

We do both commerical and residental, but also try to do more residental. As others have said commerical just wants it cheap. Although, they are less picky then homeowners..lol We also do all of our designs in house if need be. Most of the residental jobs unless it is the entire job don't justify the added cost.

8. Updog

Updog LawnSite Member

We do much more residential however high end commercial properties are the most proffitable. Once a company is convinced that landscaping is a good investment they can spend alot more than most home owners.

9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Residential here, I do my own designs on dynascape.

10. bbritt

bbritt LawnSite Member

thats all i do is residential.use to do commercial.like residential alot more especially as far as maintanance end of it where as you can blow through homeowners compared to bein at a commercial acount for a day or so which gets old.good money but like the break here and there as well as the scenic where im from :cool: