Anyone here from New Orleans?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Sep 27, 2001.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Or I guess y'all say it "Newahlins" :p

Anyway. We are heading off to N.O. for vacation on Friday and I just thought if there was a fellow LCO over there maybe if I had time we could meet up and I could check out how things are done in that part of the country. Or at least maybe get some ideas for what's fun to do around there.
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Find some out of the way hole in the wall place that serves "cajun" shrimp. There is no better shrimp anywhere than what you can get in cajun country. Just remember, them boys down there play by an entirely different set of rules. :)
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

never forget my first experience in N.O. back in my hitch
    hiking ,wondering days. walked out of my hotel and first thing i see is one guy backing another down the street w a knife. i thought ,this one place im gon be seen not heard for a while.
    later had a whale of a time there.:)
  4. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Its nawleans. We were in NO back in April. Got married on a river boat. If you dont eat anywhere else you must try the Red Fish Grill and Brennan's Steak house both in the French Quarter. Cost alot but well worth it.
    This was my second trip to the city and I must say this time it was a different place. I actually saw cops everywhere and doing their job not taking bribs.
    The city was alot cleaner and safer but still dont go where there isnt alot of people.
  5. JimLewis

And what is the lawn care industry like down in those parts? Anyone know?

(Just trying to keep this thread in this forum :D )
  6. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

OOPs sorry
    I digressed
    From what I saw most lawns are postage stamp sized in town, if they had one at all.
    And unless they were cutting that st. aug at 4" it didnt look like it had been cut. The only people I saw mowing at all in a weeks time were the city workers. lol
  7. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i'm from New Orleans.

lawn and landscape is big, year round money. alot of nice properties in metarie and kenner (suburbs) and plenty of commercial properties too.

vibe ray lives in Slidell outside N.O.

should have no problem geeting work there.

Good Luck!!!
  8. JimLewis

Don't get me wrong. I won't be looking for work there. Things are great here in OR. We're just going there for 5 days for vacation and I was wondering about how the industry was around there and just thought if it was easy I'd meet up with someone. On the other hand, our schedule is going to be pretty packed so I dunno if this is all feasible.
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Take the vacation. Forget work for a week. Let everyone else work.:)