Anyone here offer online payment options?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dcplace2004, Mar 18, 2006.

1. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Yahoo offers "buy now" and "donate" buttons but that is not want I want...I do not have a store front...I would like them to go to an area and see maybe "pay for service" or just simply "make payment"...I want them to enter in the amount they owe or are paying at the time...can someone please help me with this with some links to go to?...perhaps the person can go to a link to pay with credit card, e-check...I called yahoo and they seemed dumbfounded by my is simple! I want to pay now...ok, click, great...thanks...
  2. thill

thill LawnSite Member

You might look into PayPal. It's something I have been planning to look at.

I may be wrong but it's worth checking

Good Luck
  3. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I have to post something about the hiring of women or something to get a response in the hundreds...or maybe talk about the redmax 8000 being stepped on by the Stihl payments, one response...unreal...
  4. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Paypal paypal paypal. I have a website that has a "pay your bill" button. click it, and it brings up the paypal stuff. They enter in their credit card info or paypal account and I get an email saying they paid. I have a merchant account too, but the paypal is cheaper in the long run.

So far this year (first year using credit card as a form of payment) I have three new clients who signed up partly because they can pay with credit card on a recurring basis. I don't make as much money from these accounts, but I will grow as a result, I am sure.
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

paypal is a big thing now!!! Look into it and maybe it will help ya. All I stuff I buy from ebay and other stores online comes out of paypal.:)
  6. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont you guys worry about the 3% paypal hits you with? Do you in turn hit your customers with it?
  7. grass-scapes

What if you DIDN'T have paypal or credit card as an option. you might not have that customer to begin with. I know the reason that I have several of my customers is because I have many payment options. Weekly, monthly, credit card, paypal, check, cash. etc. The more flexibility you can offer your customers, the better off your overall return.

The 2.4 percent I pay is a cost of doing business, just like gas, equipment, etc. I write it off at the end of the year. (of course, if you don't pay taxes on your income, then I can see why you would worry about that 2.4%)

Let me ask you this. When you go to the gas station, do you pay with a credit card? Debit Card? Do you think the gas station should charge you more when you use a credit card instead of cash? Some used to do that (exxon) but they don't anymore cause it cost them business.
  8. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Grass Scapes, I use paypal as well and it seems once most of my customers find out I accept credit card they are like oh wow great! And then I tell them it's via pay pal and they are like oh...I'll just write a check. I guess they don't want to deal with logging on a computer and paying online they just want to give me the credit card and make it there a way for ME to charge a clients card via pay pal and not have them have to go online and pay? Thanks!
  9. grass-scapes

Yes. Log onto and go to merchant tools. You can set up a way to do what you want there. Its "website Payments Pro" Virtual terminal is what you are looking for. $20 bucks a month plus transaction fees.
    Why don't you get yourself a merchant account? I go through quickbooks, but you can use sams club if you want. Its cheaper that way, and they give you a card reader. Its useless to me, cause they aren't coming to my office to pay. They just write their credit card number in the space provided on my invoice, return the stub and Im good to go.
  10. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

See I want to avoid a monthly fee cause my credit card income isn't high enough to justify a $20 fee...I only get a couple a month...can I charge someone through pay pal if I get their ccard info and pay myself with it somehow? If not I will just continue emailing a pay pal bill to the client thanks!!!