Anyone in a Lawn and Garden show this spring?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by getthenet, Feb 2, 2008.

1. getthenet

getthenet LawnSite Member

I was just wondering how many landscapers/hardscapers were going to set up a display in a show this spring? There is a hardscaping show in Nashville TN from Feb 27-March 1 @ downtown Nashville Convention Center and here in Jackson TN the following weekend. This will be our 4th year to be in the show and I really like being involved with it. Just wondered who else did this every year.
  2. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

We may take a spin out permitting here, that is. Looking forward to that.
  3. ff1221

ff1221 LawnSite Member

:waving:Hope you don't mind me jumping in here guys, I've got a few questions for those of you who have done the Home & Garden circuit. I am thinking of setting up a booth at our local H&G show, but i'm not sure it will net me enough business to make it worthwhile. How many of you get a lot of business from a small H&G show. My biggest concern is i'll burn up a whole weekend, and get a pile of tire kickers who waste my time running to thier houses, writing quotes, only to find out "they didn't realize landscaping cost that much." I've been in the business ten years, I do very little advertising, and am constantly busy, but would like to get my name out in the public a little more. There is a huge influx of people moving to our area as the local nuclear plant is expanding, and there is a pile of new houses going up, so this is the reason I was thinking about it, and to give my competition a little run. Do you guys think it's a worthwhile thing or should I stick with the status Quo.

Thanks, ff1221:canadaflag:
  4. leaflandscape

leaflandscape LawnSite Member

These shows are a great way to put all kinds of customers (real ones and dreamers), right in your lap. You get to pick and choose the jobs you want. there's no way to meet this many potential clients in this short an amount of time, and we find the return on investment to be well worth it. If you're not sure, get a cheap booth and set it up yourself. We just had a 10' by10' display in a garden show last weekend, and we picked up a few bobcat jobs for this week, and a bunch of great leads to price for spring.
  5. ff1221

ff1221 LawnSite Member

You guys are starting H&G shows in London already. Are you doing the one at Western Fair?
  6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Just wanted to let everybody know the Nashville Lawn and Garden Show is at the Fargrounds..not the convention center.
  7. getthenet

getthenet LawnSite Member

Hardscaping show is not the lawn and garden show in Nashville. Its from feb 27 to March 1 at the downtown Nashville Convention Center. It is a national show. thanks Donnie.
  8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

OH..sorry!! Hadn't seen any ads about the hardscaping show. Just assumed we were talking about the same thing. My mistake :hammerhead:
  9. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I almost thought that was a joke.. "The nuclear power plant is expanding". ha dunno why just kinda funny