Anyone in CT going to the CGKA at the durham fair grounds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike9497, Jun 27, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

just wanted to know if anyone on here was going.its tuesday july 22 10AM till 3PM.20 vendors are going to be there
  2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

There is also a Show July 22+23. in Bridgeport. At the Arena at

Harbor yard free admit. Also a show in Penn. Valley Forge. July 29-31.

Will go to Penn show 600 vendors. Like Louisville. Side trip to

Longwood Gardens. ED
  3. blairbuc

blairbuc LawnSite Member
    from CT

Mike, just wondering if type error, is that 20 or 200 venders. and were is Durham CT.
  4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

they show 20 on the slip i got from CGKA Durham is in between middle town and north branford guilford
  5. blairbuc

blairbuc LawnSite Member
    from CT

I don't know, 20 vendors is pretty small. Guess I'll give them a call and see who registered as a vendor and then decide, but if its a dead day and the wife wants to go for a drive, I might go.
  6. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I might go. What's bugs me, is why do we have to pay to get into these things?? I'm going to look at equipment I may be buying, don't the vendors want me there? I relate this to having to pay $20 to enter the door of your local dealer to look at equipment... dealers wouldn't even think of doing that.

Just something that bothers me.

I need to go get another cup of coffee.
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Im not sure if ill check it out or not. Ill put money on it that the money they charge to get in is going to the connecticut grounds keepers association. Like you say, most vendors will have ya come for free and hand out all sorts of goodies just to get you to look at their machines. When is the next ganos open house in colchester? that is always a pretty good small little show.